Friday, September 3, 2010

Princess's and Private Yachts...Lutfen ve Teşekkür Ederim! (please and thank you!)


First off, sorry for not updating in a while; it's been a crazy two weeks!
Istanbul is finally starting to cool off, at night time it's actually pretty cold! No longer do I "barely sleep with just 1 sheet, constantly kicking it off," but now I sleep with....dun dun dun....TWO SHEETS! :P
Saran started school on Tuesday, and Metecan is going a couple times a week for just 2 hours! So this Saturday morning I will be having brunch with a new family with 6 year old twins! Hopefully sometime next week I will be moving in with a new family (since my kids are starting school now) and my future situation is going to be amazing! I will be moving in with a mother and her 16 year old son, and they live very close to the Bosphorus and more in central Istanbul, a very nice area! I will be helping the 2 improve their English, and I will spend about 15 hours a week with the twins in the other family teaching them English. It seems a bit complicated at first, but I hope I explained it well enoguh for my readers to understand..

Also, I just hope you all know how much it means to me that you are taking the time to read about my experiences here! I figured people like my parents and grandparents would feel it their "duty," but it's really nice to hear friends, as well as old school friends' PARENTS saying that they are interested in reading my blog! So thank you!

*Something cute*
Saran has had a loose tooth for a couple weeks, and the other morning while brushing her teeth, it came out! She began screaming and crying (yet still brushing her teeth furiously) which combined was cute and I couldn't help but laugh as I hugged her and tried to comfort her. FInally she calmed down and rushed to put the tooth under her pillow, after all, the tooth fairy was on her way!! This day quickly turned into "Princess Day!" We painted her nails, I curled her hair, and both kids dressed up in many costumes....they have almost 100 to choose from! We made a "castle," put on "masks," and made "swords." By the end of the day, the tooth fairy had brought Saran a real guitar! (Mom, I feel jipped by those Susan B Anthony coins...where is my guitar? JUST KIDDING :P )
Anyways...here are some pcitures from "Princess Day:"



In their castle guarding it with swords!



Another trip on the Bosphorus at night...
I wish this picture gave this view justice....but it simply doesn't. It's an incredible feeling to be sitting on the front of a HUGE private yacht watching the sun set...all the red marks you see in the picture are Turkish Flags...the Turks are quite prideful! :P
She is way too cute!
Metecan was more interested in being Captain than looking at the camera!

I love my kids and I will REALLY miss them when I go to my next family, but I am really excited also!

Til next time! :)

1 comment:

  1. It was fun reading your new update. Those kids are really going to miss you! I am so happy that it looks like things are all set with your new family that you will be living with and other family to teach English to. Please update your blog more often!! We love to hear about what you are doing and the great pictures that you are sharing.

    ReplyDelete