Monday, August 9, 2010

Just Drinking Coffee

My host family arrived back from vacation yesterday- all tan as can be and I am SO jealous! Anyways I have a short break right now so I am at starbucks enjoying an iced chai latte typing this now...the staff at starbucks has finally realized I am not just some tourist now I think; they have really warmed up to me! :)

I guess my internet is not very strong here, because it is not letting me attach pictured! Sorry! I will just type about my past few days and add pictures later!

I spent a few days at Huma'a home with her au pair Leslie, and we had alot of fun! One night recently Leslie and I went to a really cool cafe that overlooked the city and the Bosphorus with two friends- Cihan and Erdem! (leave it to the locals to know the best spots!) I find it a bit odd that so many young people play backgammon here, but after they boys taught us how to play, it was really neat! Leslie caught on much quicker than I did!
Later on the boys took us to a nice spot right next to the bosphorus and we all got Kumpir at a stand...basically the best thing EVER! Kumpir (and i'm totally spelling it wrong) is like your average baked potato- only instead of the normal cheese, cream cheese, and bacon, they fill it with a million different random things here and its amazing!!!

I've also been reading alot lately- believe it or not I've already one through about 6 very thick books! Never did I imagine I'd be spending my pocket money on books! I think its about time I write my own novel considering I'd like to actually SAVE my money!

Tomorrow is my day off!
I am going with another au pair, Lauren, who recently arrived to explore the city some more! Istanbul is so beautiful!

Promise I'll post pictures soon!!!

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Glad there is a new girl. I'm sure she will be very happy to have you to show her around! Oh - and we watched that movie "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". Not my kind of movie.. but good. We have a friend who is reading that book too. I guess it is popular right now! Enjoy your day off! Lynn

    ReplyDelete