Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Turkish & gifts from yours truly


My packing seems like an endless battle!
I'm trying to squeeze in as much time with friends, fun, and relaxation because I have an inkling that things are going to be crazy my first few weeks in Turkey! I have an turkish-to-English dictionary that my good friend Ellie gave me!
I have a list of phrases I am trying to learn before I leave including:
I don't speak Turkish (turkce bilmiyorum)
Hello (Merhaba)
Goodbye (allaha ismarladik)
Do you speak English? (inilizce biliyarmusunuz)
and more...looks like an easy language, doesn't it? :P

I've been doing some shopping for my host family and their kids, and I think I've got some things they will really like:
For the kids:
books with great pictures, computer game to help with english vocab, temporary tattoos, childrens disney sing along CD, princess card game, and candy!
For the parents: Godiva chocolate, Georgia Pecans, I am making a scrapbook about the USA, GA, and myself to give them so they can understand me better and where I come from, and I am considering giving them some kind of American wine...

LEAVING IN A WEEK!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. what a great adventure! i am so proud of you for making it happen! have a great time, and remember you only have 50lbs in the suitcase and 3oz liquid in the carry on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks mom. Good idea to mkae an account, now you can comment on my posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you`re enthusiastic to realize your dreams the whole universe will help you! Just follow the `signs` :)Life is what you make out of it ! I`m sure you`ll love your experiences here. Both au pairing & princessing for some lucky girls on their birthday parties and of course exploring the rich culture in Turkey ! :)

    ReplyDelete